Mother’s Day 2022 is just around the corner and we’re as excited as ever to brainstorm some unique Mother’s Day activities with you! Whether the mother in your life is an avid outdoor explorer, or the cozy indoor type, we have plenty of options available. From a thoughtful homemade breakfast to a relaxing staycation - we guarantee that you’re going to love these unique and fun-filled activities. Keep reading to find out more.
How to Celebrate Mother’s Day
Mother’s day activities shouldn’t be a bore! There are limitless options available to celebrate the special mother in your life, regardless of your budget. Let’s take a look at the following inspiring ways to celebrate mother’s day:
- Spoil mom with breakfast in bed: Simple, yet effective! Who doesn’t love being treated to a luxurious lie-in featuring a decadent breakfast? Let mom sleep in while you cook up a storm; think pancakes, waffles, or french toast for that sweet touch of deliciousness. Need some breakfast inspiration? Try one of these recipes.
- Take her out for dinner, followed by a movie: In a world filled with endless TV subscriptions and multiple takeout apps, we often forget the beauty of an old-fashioned evening - a restaurant meal followed by the movies! Make a reservation at your mom’s favorite restaurant, followed by a trip to the theater to enjoy a movie of her choice. A sure way of putting a smile on mom’s face!
- Surprise mom with a day trip: Let mom enjoy a touch of spontaneity with a surprise day trip! If you live near the sea, mountains, a park, or any nature reserve, this may be the perfect location to go exploring for the day, particularly if she loves the outdoors. Plan ahead to ensure mom is well-fed by making a reservation for a spot of lunch, too.
- Encourage her to do that one activity she keeps on mentioning: Have you heard mom mention an activity that she would like to explore? Finding an online course for it or taking her to an in-person class will get her inspired to pursue her passions further.
- Organize a flower arranging class: Instead of buying a bouquet of flowers for mom, why not treat her to a flower arranging class for added fun? Flower arranging is not only a beautiful and practical skill to hone, it also provides a great bonding experience, too.
- Take a trip to the farmer's market: From local, seasonal fruits and vegetables bursting with flavor, to healthy sweet treats, to freshly brewed coffee, a trip to the farmer’s market is always a fun time! Take mom on a fun visit and treat her to favorite treats and food items. You’ll be surprised at how much the little things make the biggest impact.
- Plan a fun staycation: If a far-flung trip to an exotic destination is beyond your budget, consider planning a more reasonable staycation within your vicinity. Research local and affordable B&Bs or hotels where you and mom can enjoy a night away.
- Write a love-filled letter: In a world of texts and emails, the act of expressing your love on paper is so profound. The mom in your life can cherish your letter forever, and the words you write will be a gift in themselves. If you are feeling extra inspired you can make a short story or poem. The perfect companion for your letter is a Lovepop Mother’s Day Bouquet.
- Organize a fun photoshoot: Create lifelong memories with some beautiful, professionally captured photos. You can make the photoshoot extra fun by getting mom all glammed up, either at home or at the beauty parlor. Consider hiring a photographer who can come to your home, which may offer a more comfortable setting.
- Go for a hike: Is the mom in your life an outdoorsy kind of person? Hit a hiking trail that you know she’ll love! You can make the hike extra special by packing her favorite snacks to munch on at the top of the summit, or perhaps go for a bite to eat afterwards to refuel after getting your sweat on!
- Plan a spa day: The ultimate day of relaxation, a spa trip might be exactly what mom needs to unwind from her busy schedule. Treat her to the works: a massage, facial, and some time to relax in the infinity pool, sauna, or steam room. If a conventional spa is out of your budget, remember that you can also treat her to a home spa: think face and feet masks, cucumber peels, and plenty of pampering.
- Send mom a greeting card: What better way to celebrate the mom in your life than sending her a thoughtful and beautiful card? Pop-up cards are a fantastic option that stand out from the crowd of Mother’s Day cards. Browse our Mother’s Day Collection for inspiration - you can choose from cards inspired by sentiment or even mom's favorite flowers.
Mother’s Day only comes around once a year - so spend it wisely! Whichever activity you choose to do, we hope you and the mother in your life will cherish the memories fondly. Don’t forget about the cherry on top - that special Mother’s Day card. Feel free to browse through our collection to find a beautifully unique card. Happy Mother’s Day, we hope you enjoy this special day!
- Tags: mothers-day